It can be confusing… Different councils have different rules, and explanations on how to recycle and where to recycle can be vague. There is a lot of information out there, which can be overwhelming.
DRI understands this problem and wants to help fellow coast lovers to reduce their footprint by recycling effectively.
Here is our up-to-date guide on all the ins and outs of recycling, so that you know that the action you’re taking is truly having a positive impact on our coast. And if you’re interested in joining any groups or participating in events, we have links to those below.
What can you recycle?
- Sustainability Victoria has put together an interactive and in-depth page on what is currently recyclable. Simply search for your item on “Can I Recycle This?“
- Some councils have certain regulations surrounding recycling. Search for your council and check out their policies.
- Planet Ark has lots of information regarding specific material recycling if it hasn’t been covered by Sustainability Victoria
- Recycle everything through TerraCycle. If for some reason none of the above links provide a recycling option, TerraCycle will recycle it.
Where can you recycle?
- Simply type your postcode into these sites, and your nearest recycling/drop-in stations appear:
- BINGO Recycling Centre
- Planet Ark Recycling Near You
- Op-shop Donation Bins
- TerraCycle: For the really hard to recycle items
All About Recycling
- Top 5 things to keep out of your recycling bin
- About recycling symbols
- Make it easier to recycle in your home
- Why your recycling matters
- Where your recycling goes
- Four-bin waste and recycling system
- Upcoming container deposit scheme
- How we can fix Victoria’s recycling crisis in 5 steps
- Australasian Recycling Label
Groups & Events