- Protecting the coastal and marine environments of the two bays area, particularly our resident dolphins and whales
- Supporting other champion community members, organisations and businesses who protect our bays to create a strong and resilient community
- Recognising that our actions on land impact our marine & coastal environments and the health of these ecosystems in turn affects our daily lives
- Joining a new network of people who can support you, and allowing you the opportunity to influence previously unreached community members
- Accessing accurate, evidence-based reliable information on our marine mammals and the state of the bays
- Celebrated for the actions you have taken to protect the two bays, as your stories are featured and shared.
ABOUT ‘i sea, i care’ COMMUNITIES
Discover why you should be a part of the ISIC community.
WHEN YOU JOIN ISIC COMMUNITIES YOU ARE:
A future of extreme weather and population growth make it critical that we all do our bit to sustain our communities and safeguard our children’s futures
DRI is an evidence-driven; research, education and leadership organisation with over 20 years of experience in creating a long-term culture of caring for our bays, particularly through our award-winning ‘i sea, i care’ Ambassadors program. Discover more about the impact DRI has had HERE
ISIC COMUNITIES WORKS BY:
- Valuing and celebrating Victoria’s marine & coastal environment through highlighting and sharing stories from community heroes & our beloved dolphins and whales
- Building relationships between different community groups & businesses who can share, learn and connect with each other.
- Connecting with and encouraging behaviour change within ALL community members, even those who aren’t already environmentally conscience
- Inspiring each other to take simple actions to look after our community within the Two Bays
- Building a strong shared sense of past & present values and concerns for our coastal community; both environmental, economic and social, for a future we can be proud of
YOU CAN GET INVOLVED BY:
- Taking simple actions
- Reading and sharing the stories of fellow community heroes & supporting businesses
- Sharing your own story and being featured on ISIC communities. Drop us a line HERE
- Contacting DRI to further discuss how you, your organisation or your business can become an ISIC communities champion and influence a wider audience: HERE