Our Adopt-A-Dolphin family has been with us since 1991.
Some save their pocket money, some their pension and others help their children or grandchildren to join. From the beginning, they supported our struggle to understand the issues facing our dolphins and bays, then to provide solutions.
A gift of Adopt-A-Dolphin is a gift to the community as well as your loved one.
Together you will support ...
- Research - with major health studies of our bays' dolphins.
- Education - to value dolphins and reduce pollution flowing into our bays.
- Leadership - working with governments for sustainable actions.
- Our award-winning 'i sea, i care' School Ambassador Program. Where over 5,000 marine ambassadors have helped their community to learn to 'Care For Our Bays'.
Dolphin Research Institute
We need YOUR support to help us give our dolphins and bays a chance to stay healthy .....
WE MUST ACT NOW .....
Population growth, climate change ... within our lifetime it's projected that Melbourne will double its population. That means double the impact on current infrastructure, double the number of trucks on the roads, and bottom line, double the number of people flushing toilets into an antiquated sewerage system. Already we see 'overflows' in some areas around the bays after heavy rain storms.
WE PROVIDE SOLUTIONS ......
RESEARCH - major health studies of our bays' dolphins.
EDUCATION - to value dolphins and reduce pollution flowing into our bays.
LEADERSHIP - working with governments for constructive and sustainable actions.
Our award-winning 'i sea, i care' Ambassador Program is a key part of working for the future. More than 4,000 marine ambassadors have learnt about the impacts we all have on our catchments ...'all drains lead to the sea'!
HOW DOES Adopt-A-Dolphin WORK?
Adopt-A-Dolphin supports all our work, to care for all our dolphins and their environment. So you don't get you 'own dolphin'.
We keep you regularly updated on all our work and will invite you to renew your support after 12 months. Some of our supporters are renewing for the 25th year!
Supporters who chose the dolphin swim option will receive a voucher to book their trip.
HAVE CONFIDENCE ......
You can have confidence that your support will help to make a difference.
The Institute is registered as a 'medium sized charity' with the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission.
Our accounts are independently audited and published on our website.
We do not employ external fundraisers and spend less than 10% of revenue on fundraising.
- $98 p.a. support and membership ($10 membership, $88 tax deductible)
- You receive a personalised certificate, sticker, DRI cap, DRI money box, stress dolphin and cards
- Kids receive mini posters and activity sheets
- You become an Associate Member of the Dolphin Research Institute and receive a member's booklet, member's card, invitations to Institute events and more!